Friday, October 07, 2005

Introducing my daughter !!!






Drop me a note if you want to know her name... *family and friends only*

Born 22 SEP 05 @ 10:03

Weight: 8 lbs 12 oz

Length: 20 inches

We left Slidell on August 28th at midnight, and decided to go home to family in KC Missouri. We had not been home since then, and were now waiting for the arrival of our baby daughter. My wife and 2 sons will be staying in KC until sometime around Christmas. My father and I are went to Slidell on Sunday 26 September to assess the damage to our house in Slidell. The house took minimal damge, no water or flooding. The roof lost a few shingles and I lost my chimney, and one tree on the house. The fence in my back yard is also gone. I had to get back to work on the 4th of Oct, so Dad and I gathered up some clothes for the boys and some *non maternity* clothes for my wife and left for KC on the 29th SEP.

The worst thing I think was coming back to a horrible stench:

Power went out in Slidell on the 29th of August around 3 am and was not on in my neighborhood until the 19th of September... We had about 6 lbs of Chicken in the Freezer over the Fridge. My neighbor was a former New Orleans PD crime scene photographer, and said that in all his years doing that, the smell of those refers with spoiled meat was so much worse than any homicide he ever had to shoot pictures on.

The fridge is outside, and *airing* out... lol. I bought a small college dorm style fridge until I get my insurance check to buy a new normal sized one.

I am back in the house now, and am still cleaning up the debris in the yard and around the street. Internet is up and down, as well as the phones. I leave for Pearl Harbor on Sunday for 2 weeks of training Navy personnel how to use software.

I hope to write more soon.

Neo