Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Raining in the house

It's been a long while since I posted anything.

It's not that I don't like writing. It's that I don't
have all the time that I want to do it. Maybe if I worked
at home...

Here's a little summation of the last 2 weeks:

We finally worked out a compromise with the family who
is buying our house. We are closing the deal on
June 30th, but we have an occupancy waiver
allowing us to remain in the house until July 31st.

My wonderful wife (I swear she is still a Navy wife at heart)
has totally worked out our packing and moving down to
the last detail. We are going with a do it yourself move.

The main problem is, my wife, two boys
(ages 6 and 7) and our daugher (8 mos.)
will be moving to Colorado until
October 1st.... alone. I am still under
a contract to remain in Louisiana until Sept 30th.


At least it isn't another deployment,
and it's not a hurricane induced seperation.

She left Sunday morning (with the three kids)
to drive to KC Missouri for a week,
drop the boys off, and head to Colorado for
2 weeks to find a house. I really feel for her,
since that is a 15 hour trip to KC on a good day.
She had heavy rain near Memphis through
Cape Girardeau... and our daughter decided to
start cutting teeth two hours into the trip.
We are not used to her crying. She is the most
laid back baby I have ever seen. Seriously.

Our daughter is such a blessing... we often
joke that if she had been first born,
we would have 5 kids by now. LOL... We
almost didn't have her after our youngest
son gave us an exciting 4 years. I need to
write up a few of his 'best' tantrums.
That's fodder for another post.

I am leaving for California this Sunday,
for a two week business trip.
She comes back on the 28th of June,
just in time to prep for the closing.
I arrive on the 2nd of July....
But wait... there's more:

Last night I was watching a movie on
the couch, fell asleep and woke up
around midnight. I went to walk down
the hall to the bedroom, when I felt
a drip on my head. I looked at the
glass of water I was carrying
and tried to figure out how 'that'
just happened. Hmm... another drop
hits my shoulder and I look up.

A nice ring of wetness was slowly taking
over the ceiling, and directly above
that is our AC unit in the attic.
*Don't know why people want
to put things like that in the attic,
must be a southern thing.

I go up and try to find the source,
look at the drip pan, check the
drain pipes. It is beyond me.
All I am thinking is, we close on the
30th, and neither of us will be home
to take care of this.

It'll be fine. I am honestly not worried.
I have faith that God will take care of us.