Saturday, October 29, 2005

Time and distance

I really miss my family.
Being deployed and missing family is one thing. This is entirely another. On deployment, you are rarely given the opportunity to think of missing family. And when you do get the opportunity, it's not like you can just drive or fly two states away and go see them. In that regard, deployments were a little easier. Being in our empty house, and seeing our things, the kids' things... the empty crib... that is harder than anything right now. Psychological warfare. At least I can call them... any time I need to. And my email is not screened or limited by size. LOL.

My daughter is recovering from her first cold, and her and Mommy can't take anything for it. My youngest son just got over a 48 hr flu like virus. Soccer day is today, and I am wishing I was there for that too. I also wish Thanksgiving would get here faster... that's when I'd like to have them move back down. I for sure get to see them then. Until then, all I have are pictures.