Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Good Night's Sleep

***I finally made it home before the sun went down for the first time this week.***

Update as promised, even if it is a few days late.

Sleep deprivation is a horrible thing. Especially when one has to repeatedly get up at 3:30 am to be somewhere by 6:00 am. Under normal circumstances, this would be do-a-ble by getting up at 4:45 am. Katrina changed alot of things, including traffic patterns. My job this week has taken me to Gulfport, M, which was a 50 minute commute BK (Before Katrina). The commute time has increased exponentially, by increasing the number of cars and decreasing the amount of entrances/exits from the city of Gulfport. Then, working 6 am to 5 pm, driving 2 hours back to Slidell. After 4 days, I am really wiped. Hence, no update the other night.

I am not complaining, mind you. I am just wore out, stating a fact. I have very little to complain about. My family is safe, I am safe. We have a (minor-damaged) house, and a car. Not to mention the fact that Trinity (my wife) and I have a new daughter, and my sons have gained a sister.

I was so excited last week for Thanksgiving! I was actually able to be home (KC Missouri) and see my wife and three children. It was definitely worth the price of the over paid airline ticket. Being a Geographical Bachelor for nearly 8 weeks is not any more fun than it was in May. Still no complaints though. There is much to celebrate, since we will be together as a whole family again by the 23rd of December. We are driving the minivan back from KC on the 27th, and stopping somewhere overnight so we can wake up refreshed (yeah right lol) and drive the rest on the 28th. My daughter has grown so much since I have seen and held her last. She is too long for the 0-3 month clothes, but too skinny for 3-6 month clothes. She is a tall 2 month old. I am going to try and get some pictures loaded to my FLICKR account by Saturday.

My boys seemed to have changed alot too. It's scary how you notice the little changes in their growth when you can't see them every day. I wonder if it's like watching a pot of water boil, since it never seems to do anything until you leave the room.

I actaully get to work from 7 am to 4 pm tomorrow, with a 20 minute commute. I am sleeping "in". LOL. Now I can finally have a good night's sleep. Well, as good as I can without my wonderful wife beside me. You military spouses know what I am saying.