Thursday, December 22, 2005

Seven Memes A-Blogging

Mommy Needs Coffee sent me a meme last night, I really think I may need
some caffeine tomorrow after this one. LOL

This meme had me saying youyou (j/k), but I was glad to finally receive one.
This is my first... lol.

Seven Things I Want To Do Before I Die

1) Watch my children grow up
2) Dance with my daughter at her wedding
3) Take my wife to Dubrovnik, Croatia for a honeymoon we never had
4) Make lists of things I need to do to avoid being sidetracked (I feel like the ball in BreakOut without a list)
5) Be the best Father and Husband I can
6) Surf Banzai Pipeline or Jaws in December-January
7) Pass down something meaningful to my children that only I can


Seven Things I Cannot Do

1) Woodworking... I feel sorry for the birds that are living in that birdhouse I made for my mom 15 years ago
2) Turn down a friend who needs help, no matter how swamped I am (It is not as good as it sounds, causes a lot of stress but it is worth it in the end)
3) Stay focused on one thing when I know there are several other things related to it to do. (Which is why I need the list from above)
4) Resist my wife when she wants something (Not what you are thinking... sheesh lol)
5) Go more than 2 days without being on a PC. (I tried it once, I was dreaming about coding and scripting... not good)
6) Yardwork. (I can, it's just the fact that I want to knitpick everything and by the time I am done over-analyzing it, it's getting dark and ... oh well)
7) Drive late, late at night with other people in the car. (Mostly cause I can't sing, and that's how I stay awake, so I would either not be driving too long or not at all. LOL)

Seven Things I Admire In My Spouse/Best Friend

1) Unwavering Confidence in my abilities
2) Her ability to overlook my flaws and things I do that bug her
3) That she loves me as much as I love her, and that it is still growing
4) The way her eyes light up when she laughs at me being a nut case
5) That she kept me sane when I was on those deployments
6) That she can finish most of my sentences for me
7) The way she is with our children

Seven Things I Say Most Often

1) Dude (insert a ? or ! or . after this... sometime italics are needed for proper clarification, 'cause it is a voice thing)
2) That's tight. (It means really cool, or something to that effect)
3) Sweet (same as Dude, only used less often)
4) She-yaah Right ! (This is either used alone or in conjunction with, Are you Mental ?)
5) Why you gotta waste my flava ? (Used on the poor shmuck who stole the punch line from a joke I was telling)
6) I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume... (At work when we have a speaker volume battle- its Milton from Office Space.)
7) Arrrr. (It's an inside joke at work. Involves Pirates...)

Seven Books or Series Authors I Love

1) Max Lucado
2) Tom Clancy
3) Jack Handy (I mean, read these and tell me that is not funny...)
4) Dean Koontz
5) Jack London
6) Dai Vernon
7) Larry Jennings

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again

1) Gross Point Blank (I hate sounding like a chick, but I really felt the groove between Minnie Driver and John Cusack, and I loved the sharp smart humor. It's almost like Seinfeld in places.)
2) Ten Things I Hate About You (This adaptation of The Taming of The Shrew is really good)
3) Indiana Jones (Any of them, really. Dad and I both love them all)
4) Fight Club (This still blows my mind, another one of those deeper than it appears on the outside)
5) Office Space (I used to have a desk by the window and I could see the squirrels and they were merry...)
6) Star Wars (Original Trilogy, has been my my favorite since I was 3 1/2)
7) The Matrix Trilogy - ("It's deeper than it appears on the outside. Look carefully for symbolic references, and find out how far the rabbit hole really does go.“)

Seven Songs I Can't Get Enough Of
(itunes has samples...)

1) I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe

2) Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve

3) I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones

4) Amber - 311

5) For You To Notice - Dashboard Confessional

6) Miser Lou - Dick Dale

7) Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson